Baby showers are all about spoiling the mum-to-be, and celebrating the exciting changes that a new baby brings to every family.
Here’s a checklist that might help simplify the planning process!
Who is hosting?
Traditionally a baby shower is hosted by a friend or relative.
Where will it be held?
Choose a venue or home.
Choose a date & time
The best time to have a baby shower is about four weeks before the due date. Allow 2-3 hours.
Make a guest list
Guests are generally family members and close friends and you will need their name and email or phone number.
Having a theme?
Couples, tea-party, nursery, girls only, gender reveal, colour theme.
Choose the invitations
The fun part! Include RSVP details and gift registry if you have one.
These can tie in with the theme.
Choose a cake & refreshments
These can also tie in with the theme – colour etc.
Via post, email, phone or social media.
Plan games & activities
A baby shower isn’t really complete without some fun or silly games.
Do you need a photographer?
Order cake, refreshments, flowers etc.
Week before event
Confirm your RSVPs.
On the day
- Pick up refreshments.
- Collect the cake.
- Decorate the venue.
Relax and enjoy yourself!
Baby shower planning books and decorations on Amazon
- 40” Shiny Gold Baby Balloon Set: Letters Mylar Balloons for Unique and Stylish Party Decoration for Baby Shower, Birthdays, Anniversaries and Any Event Or Celebration, for Boys and Girls
- 34Pcs Baby Shower Decoration 100Th Day Party Favor Photo Props Set (Blue)
- Baby Showers: Invitations, Thank You’s, Gifts, Decorations, Announcements, Games, Keepsakes, Favors (Design Originals)
- Put Soul in Your Baby Shower: The African-American Baby Shower Book
- The Baby Shower Planning Guide
- Baby Shower: Your Comprehensive Guide to Planning, Preparing & Hosting the Best Baby Shower
DIY Invitations is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.au